|Supervisory Management Level 1|
|Recognition of Prior Learning||Yes|
|Entry requirements:||Communication at NQF Level 3
Mathematical Literacy NQF Level 3
|Purpose:||This unit standard is intended for managers of small businesses and junior managers of business units in larger organisations. It provides the background necessary to understand the management function in an organisation. The term business unit in this unit standard implies a small business, cost center, section or department.
Junior managers include, but are not limited to team leaders, supervisors, first line managers and section heads. The position is term is used to describe the first level of management in an organisation at which an employee has other employees reporting to him/her.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
• Describing the management activities involved in running a successful business.
• Explaining the basic activities involved in the management process.
• Identifying and explaining the main tasks required of managers.
• Applying the decision-making process to make a management decision.
• Analysing the application of the general management functions in a selected organisation.