|Recognition of Prior Learning||Yes|
|Entry requirements:||Communication NQF Level 4|
|Purpose:||A person credited with this unit standard is able to demonstrate an understanding of the various types of discrimination and the various designated groups potentially forming part of any workplace. The learner will have the ability to develop tools to counteract ideologies of superiority, and the ability to sensitise a
workforce in this area in order to work toward bringing about transformation in the South Africa.
In particular, on completion of this unit standard, the learner is able to:
• Discuss the ideology of superiority.
• Detail various factors manifested as discrimination.
• The roles of institutional and personal power in diversity issues.
• Complete research and facilitation on diversity and the management thereof.
• Develop tools to counter discrimination.
• Prepare a framework to manage diversity in the workplace.
• Promote a culture of equality.
• Relate the learning gained in achieving this unit standard to Organisational Transformation and Change Management (OT&CM).