|Further Education and Training Certificate – Generic Management (General Management)|
|Recognition of Prior Learning||Yes|
|Entry requirements:||Communication NQF Level 3
Mathematical Literacy NQF level 3
Computer Literacy NQF Level 3
|Purpose:||This qualification is intended for junior managers of small organisations, junior managers of business units in medium and large organisations, or those aspiring to these positions. Junior managers include team leaders, supervisors, foremen and section heads.
The focus of this qualification has been designed to enable learners to be competent in a range of knowledge, skills, attitudes and values including:
• Gathering and analysing information.
• Analysing events that impact on a business and its competitive environment.
• Complying with organisational standards.
• Motivating an individual or team.
• Negotiating in a work situation.
• Understanding the role of business strategy as it applies to junior management.
• Managing the budget within a specific area of responsibility.
• Applying management principles and practices within a specific area of responsibility.
• Managing work unit performance to achieve goals.
• Behaving ethically and promoting ethical behaviour in a work situation.
• Demonstrating understanding of the consequences in a work unit of HIV/AIDS.